Alzter's Adventure is a short but sweet momentum platformer where your life itself is tied to how fast you can hurtle through a level! Trade your own wellbeing for a boost of extra speed by using special moves to blitz through levels at the cost of your own life bar! Kill enemies to recover the health you burnt out, but don't get hit, or you'll drop all of it!
- Use Arrow Keys or WASD to move! (duh)
- Squash enemies to gather SP (Soul Points)! These both act as your life bar and give you access to special moves which can squash even more enemies!
- Special Moves cost 1 SP each to execute, but give you extra speed and temporary invincibility to pass through hazards and knock out enemies! (See the Controls section for a list of special moves)
- The angle of the terrain you run across impacts your speed - downward slopes make you run faster, while steep inclines will halt your progress if you aren't going fast enough already!
Special Moves (while on ground):
- Speed Roll - Press Down or S - relinquishes your ability to influence your movement but gives slopes an even greater impact on your speed. Can be cancelled by pressing jump!
Special Moves (while in air):
- Forward Dash - Press Z or J - gives you a boost forwards in the direction you are holding! Can smash through enemies and soar across terrain!
- Diagonal Dash - Press X or K - works the same as the Forward Dash, only it zooms down into the ground too! You can use this to stomp into enemies or dash into the ground to accumulate speed. (works a bit like a wavedash)
- Super Stomp - Press Down or S - sends you flying downwards to the ground!